Monday, June 27, 2011

No effort! Says who?

I was hung on that stupid statement that seeing is not an effort. It was probably the most effort I've made in a long time.

Looking to find the illusory self does not seem easy and looking does not feel simple, while you're still needing to look. I probably said it was easy because I hadn't looked deeply enough yet. I looked, but I kept squirming away at the effort it was taking.

Initially I saw something crystal clear but I wasn't prepared to let it root out my favourite person - my self. I caught the nasty little liar and then I slammed down the lid on it. But it didn't mind hiding out in the dark.

I'm amazed by how my mind sought out distractions and diversions and excuses not to fully look, fully investigate and fully realise the truth that there is only what is. Real stuff that exists.

And that precious, conniving little self who was FULL on centre stage, simply isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment